In most organizations, it is a mandate to have health and safety norms. It forms a part of EHS, which stands for Environment, Health, and Safety. ISO or the International Organization of Standardizations states that ISO 14001 is compulsory for many businesses.
Now, all three are interrelated. When you look at safety management, you need to understand it is no longer just about a first-aid or safety kit on the company premises. There needs to be a system that can help you track accidents, and issues as well as file necessary reports when there is an incident in the company.
Safety management software solutions are available to help you do this and this is how you can find the one that suits your business the best.
How the Best Safety Management Software is Compared
Here’s what you should consider before choosing a safety management software solution:
#1 User Interface
One of the most important factors to consider when choosing safety management software is its user interface. The best safety management software should be easy to use, with intuitive features that allow you to quickly create and access reports.
Additionally, they should have a simple design that makes it easy for employees from all levels within your company to understand how it works.
Usability is especially important for safety management software since you will be using it daily. The more intuitive and user-friendly your safety management software is, the easier it will be for you to use it and create reports.
Additionally, if your safety management software has features that are easy to understand, then it will make it easier for employees from all levels within your company to learn how they work.
The cost of safety management software is another important consideration to make when choosing a product. You will want to ensure that the cost of your safety management software is in line with your budget so that you do not spend more than you have available.
Additionally, you should ensure that the price includes all the features you need for your business.
Key 7 Features to Look for in the Best Safety Management Software
To help you make an informed decision about what safety management software product is best for your business, here are some key features to look for when shopping around:
You should be able to customize the software so that it works for you and your business. This is especially important if you have unique needs in terms of safety management. For example, some companies will have different needs when it comes to their safety data than other companies do.
The software provider needs to allow you to customize your solution so that it meets your specific needs. Your company objectives should be able to be met by the solution, and it should also be flexible enough that you can change your objectives over time.
#2 Wide Range of Functionality
This is important because it will allow you to determine the best ways to manage your safety data. You should be able to use the software for a wide range of purposes, including incident reporting and tracking as well as providing compliance reports. This can help ensure that your business stays compliant with any regulations that are relevant to your industry.
#3 Digital Forms
You should be able to create custom forms in your safety data management software. This will allow you to capture the information you need from employees as well as other stakeholders. Having this ability can help ensure that all of the relevant information is being captured and stored correctly so that it can be used for reporting purposes later on down the road.
#4 Real-time Dashboards
Real-time data dashboards can help you monitor what’s going on in your business at any given time. This is a great way to ensure that you have all of the information available so that if there are any issues, they can be identified and dealt with as soon as possible. It should be able to meet your company goals.
#5 Health & Safety Reports and Analytics
Having access to health and safety reports can help you better understand how the data is being collected and where issues need to be addressed. This type of reporting can also be helpful if you’re using it in conjunction with other types of analytics so that you can get a complete picture of what’s going on in your company.
#6 Training Certificate Tracking
Having access to a training certificate tracking system can help you ensure that the training your employees receive is sufficient. This can be especially helpful if you’re required by law to provide certain types of training for your workers.
#7 Assignable Tasks and Action Tracking
Several different types of tasks need to be completed in any business. This can include anything from filing paperwork to ordering supplies and more. Having access to an assignable task tracking system can help you make sure that these tasks are being done properly and on time so that your company runs smoothly.
Top 8 Best Safety Management Software
Cority is one of the best safety management software solutions that’s used by over 2,000 companies worldwide. It helps organizations keep track of everything from safety data to employee training records and accident reports. Cority has been used by companies in over 50 countries around the world, including manufacturing, oil and gas construction, and utility industries.
Cority’s dashboard allows you to quickly view all your data in one place so you can see where improvements need to be made or where there are gaps in your program’s effectiveness.
- ISO 45001-compliant EHS software that supports the standard’s safety indicators.
- All of the most important environmental health and safety aspects
- Mobile EHS solutions, such as an incident reporting system
- Works together with other Cority products to achieve better results
- A comprehensive suite of tools, including Analytics Cloud
|Free demo available||The mobile app doesn’t have all of the same features as the web-based solution, so it’s not as comprehensive.|
|Assessment tools to help you identify and fix problems quickly|
|Ability to customize reports, dashboards, and workflows based on your specific needs.|
|Email alerts to keep you up-to-date on new incidents and safety training requirements.|
Pricing: Available on request
Check – Best 7 Payroll Softwares in 2023
myhrtoolkit is a cloud-based solution that helps companies manage their safety and HR compliance. It includes features such as incident reporting, fire marshal reporting, emergency response plans, and more. The software can be used by businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large multinationals.
- It offers modules for health & safety and training management.
- Employee Assistance Program allows users to tag colleagues who may need assistance.
- Centralized training management module
- Internal training courses can be made more accessible
|A free demo or a free trial is available||Does not have many integration tools|
|It records and tracks accidents, uploading images as needed||The pricing is not transparent|
|It supports multi-language users|
Pricing: From $16 or £15 up to 5 employees per month
Safesite is a cloud-based safety management software that allows users to track, analyze and manage all aspects of their safety programs. It can be used for both small and large organizations, with features such as workers’ compensation tracking, reporting, and analysis capabilities.
Safesite also provides information about OSHA compliance requirements. The software offers several modules, such as accident tracking, incident management, and analysis.
- Built-in safety program management system (SPMS)
- Hazard analysis module
- An electronic record-keeping solution that allows users to store documents in an electronic database
- Accident analysis module OSHA 300 log management system
- Compliance tracking
|It can be accessed through the web, mobile apps, and desktop applications||The system is designed for medium-to-large companies, making it less suitable for small businesses|
|Patented safety score|
|Full-feature safety management system|
|30-day free trial|
Pricing: From $16 per employee per month
Check – Best 8 Organizational Charts Software in 2023
SiteDocs is a cloud-based safety management software that helps organizations manage their safety programs and comply with regulations such as OSHA and ANSI/ASTM.
The platform’s strength lies in its ability to integrate with existing ERP systems, which allows for seamless integration with other business processes. It also offers comprehensive reporting tools, so you can easily track metrics like compliance rates and incident reports.
- Online Safety Management Software
- Compliance Tracking & Reporting
- Integrations with ERP & HR Systems
- Access to Data via API Real-time Compliance Tracking
- Integrated Safety Training Management Knowledgebase
|Helps go paperless in many routine daily, weekly, and monthly inspections||Expensive for SMBs|
|Tailored to the construction industry||Can’t use without a live internet connection|
|API Integration with other systems|
|Extensive reporting capabilities|
Pricing: Available on request
Intelex is a safety management software solution that helps you to manage your safety program and reduce risk in the workplace. It was developed by Intelex Software, Inc. in 2002 and is available as an on-premise or cloud-based solution. It’s easy to use and requires no installation or maintenance of software on your computer!
- Online safety management software designed for small to mid-sized companies
- Available as an on-premise or cloud solution
- Integrates with most major HR systems
- Helps you to manage your safety program and reduce risk in the workplace
- Includes tools for OSHA compliance, accident investigation and documentation, training management, and more
|EHS software that can be configured to integrate with other programs||The price is higher than some other EHS software|
|A full range of functions needed in a safety management software system||A relatively new company that hasn’t had a chance to build up a reputation yet|
|Supports the development of risk mitigation strategies like job safety analysis|
Pricing: Available on request
Must Read – A Detailed Guide to become an Effective Recruiter
Weever is a safety management software that helps companies to track and manage their safety programs. It can be used by over 400 companies worldwide, including large corporations like GE, Microsoft, and Starbucks.
It’s one of the most popular EHS software systems available today, with over 60 million records in its database. Weever is designed to be flexible enough to fit your needs, whether you have a small business or a large corporation. It also has a wide range of functions that can help with safety management and compliance issues.
- Manage your safety program from a single platform
- Easily create and share policies, forms, and other documents
- Access data from anywhere with an internet connection
- Get insight into your workers’ compensation costs
- Set up compliance alerts
|30-day free trial||Not a lot of customer support|
|Reduces time spent on paperwork||It can be hard to navigate|
|Improves employee engagement|
|Helps gather insights into your safety data|
Pricing: From $199 per month
#7 Workhub by SafetySync
Workhub by SafetySync is a cloud-based safety management software that provides companies with a single platform to manage their safety programs and processes. With Workhub, you can get everything you need to keep your employees safe at work in one convenient place.
- Safety Management Software
- Training Software (for both new hires and existing staff)
- EH&S Software
- Injury Tracking & Accident Investigation
- Reporting & Analytical tools which include: Safety Scorecards and Dashboards
|Gives you all of the features you need to run a safe workplace in one easy-to-use software||Training software is only available via a separate purchase|
|Allows you to manage training, compliance, and safety programs all in one place.||Some users say that the interface can be clunky at times|
|Easy to use even with different modules that can be difficult to navigate on their own|
Pricing: $3 per employee per month
#8 iAuditor by SafetyCulture
iAuditor is a cloud-based software that helps you manage your safety programs in one place. It allows you to create customized training courses and provides access to a library of over 300 courses. The software also comes with tools for injury tracking, incident investigation, and reporting & analytics.
- Create custom checklists and audits
- Access reports from within the software itself
- Track progress for each audit and provide a status update to your clients
- Syncs with Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, and Dropbox
|Easy access to data||Users need to learn the software before they can effectively use it|
|Built-in reporting tool|
|Easy to use and user-friendly interface|
|Cloud-based safety and workforce management tools|
Pricing: From$19 per month
Check – Top Employee Onboarding Software in 2023
Safety software can help you manage the safety of your organization. It can help you identify hazards, develop corrective action plans and track key metrics that are related to safety. By using these tools, you’ll be able to create a safer work environment as well as reduce accidents, injuries, and fatalities in your workplace.
FAQs on Safety Management Software
What is safety management software?
The software includes incident reporting, analysis and reporting, compliance management, and a training track. It also comes with mobile applications that let you access important information.
What are the benefits of using safety management software?
The benefits of using a safety management system include the following:
1. Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements: Safety management software helps you to comply with the various standards and regulations that apply to your business, such as OSHA, ANSI/ASSE Z910-2007, and ISO/IEC 17020:2012. The software can also help you comply with other requirements, such as those in your state.
2. Improving employee safety performance: Safety management software can help you improve your workforce’s safety performance by identifying hazards in their work environment and providing training to correct them. This can help reduce accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
3. Managing costs: Safety management software helps you manage the cost of your workforce by improving compliance with regulatory requirements and reducing injuries, accidents, and illnesses.
4. Improving your business: Safety management software can help you improve the safety performance of your workforce by identifying hazards in their work environment and providing training to correct them. This can help reduce accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
What are the 4 pillars of SMS?
1. Safety data: Captures, stores, and provides access to safety-related information such as hazard identification, corrective action plan creation, incident reporting, training documentation, and more.
2. Safety strategies: Allows you to develop safety plans based on your unique needs (such as local regulations or corporate standards).
3. Safety processes: Helps you manage safety performance by enabling you to track and report on key metrics like corrective action plans, inspections, and more.
4. Safety culture: Provides tools for engaging employees in creating a safe work environment through training and participation in various efforts.