All you need is the right mindset to survive and thrive in the practical world today. Knowledge, skills- everything can be learned and acquired, but if you do not have the right mindset, even the everyday menial tasks will become challenging.
This is why the main purpose of the interviews these days is to present the candidates with the situations where their thought process is being evaluated.
Importance Of Preparing To Take The Right Interview
Since an employer hires an employee for their company based on their interviews, an interview determines what kind of employees the company would have and, ultimately, what lies in its future.
Since the only reference point, the employer has when they decide to extend an offer to a candidate are the interviews, the interview in itself has to be carefully thought of.
Just as an interviewee must be prepared for the interview, so too the interviewer! The interviewer is juggling between testing the skill level, understand the thought process and mindset and also ensure that the candidate goes back a great experience and with no negative feelings. And all this is to be done in a few minutes. This nuanced process requires great skill from the interviewer. The interviewer must be able to frame questions which challenge, create a scenario with clarity with only a limited amount of time available.
Some basic steps that you can follow so that you are prepared to take an interview are:
- Prepare your interview questions- Body language and facial expressions are important during an interview. However, it cannot be denied that questions form the basis of the interview. The questions asked must test the knowledge of the candidate, but also be able to bring the mentality of the candidate to the fore. These questions would be a great indicator to see how the candidate would perform under pressure.
- Know your candidate- It is the unfortunate truth that only a very small number of resumes and cover letter will ever be considered by the recruiter. However, the more you know about the candidate beforehand, the more you can touch on the though process of the candidate.
- Coordinate with other interviewers- It is important to have a good rapport and understanding with the other interviewers so that all the panellists are on the same page.
How Interviews Can Help In Understanding The Mindset Of Candidates:
There are many questions during an interview that may seem very superficial, but they help the interviewer determine the candidate’s mindset. Here are a few examples:
- “What do you know about this company?”- This can be asked to judge whether the person is sincere and has made an effort to learn more about the company or not. If a candidate genuinely cares about the company that they work for, they will want to know more about their potential employer.
- When asking a difficult question, give more importance to the though process and body language than the accuracy of the answer. This tells you how they would react in tough situations and will also give an indication if their though process and values align with the companies.
- Asking about their past mistakes reveals their attitude towards their mistakes in general- either they will try to minimize them, which suggests a lack of accountability, or they will be open about them and will show how they learnt from it and how their approached changed because of that.
- Situation-based questions are the best way to judge a candidate’s mindset. An answer to a simple situation can help determine their problem-solving approach, thinking capacity, team spirit- and everything that the right candidate must possess.
- Give subtle hints about resources and solutions in your questions to see how well they listen and how quickly they can catch up on minute information and put it to use.
How Hyreo Comes Into Play:
You may have understood that an interview process is tiring physically. Still, it also needs tons of psychological preparation to ensure that your firm gets the ideal employees. This is why hiring needs some skilled individuals who can do the hard work and the brainstorming part for you while you can sit back and relax.
If you want the best for your firm, we at Hyreo want the best for you! We at Hyreo have a set of experts who have everything you need to ensure the hiring process goes smoothly and effectively. With their experience, knowledge, and skillset, experts can help you choose the right employees from the list of candidates keeping your requirements in mind.
Hiring processes may be stressful as there is too much responsibility and a lot of skill required to choose the right person. With a little bit of help from Hyreo, you can select the best employees for your firm.
- A 10% more challenging job interview process leads to 2.6% higher employee satisfaction.
- 33% of recruiters know whether they’ll hire someone within the first 90 seconds.
- 55% of interviewers say that interviewees respecting the dress codes make a great first impressions.
- 73% of HR professionals use behavioural interviews to understand the mindset of the candidate.